Why Choose EmSpring?
Why should I consider doing business with EmSpring?
- We are independent benefits advisors and consultants - we represent our employer clients and not the insurance industry or technology vendors.
- We are effective - our benefits and HR advice and solutions are well researched and tailored to your needs.
- We are progressive - we adapt to insurance and healthcare industry changes and continuously improve.
- We are cost effective - our overhead is a fraction of our major competitors.
- We have no sales quotas of any kind and none of our employees are directly compensated with sales commissions.
- We are privately-held by local owner-employees; we are client focused and not shareholder driven.
- We are committed to the small and middle market employers no matter what healthcare reform and technology advancements may bring.
- We hire and train the best people from within the community to serve Pacific Northwest employers.
- We are active and we aggressively pursue optimum results on behalf of our clients.
- We take our work very seriously, but we look for opportunities to spread goodwill and inject a little bit of humor in our efforts.
How can I retain EmSpring's broker services?
Just say “yes” and sign a simple Broker of Record (or Broker Appointment) letter.
There is no "typical" contract used to retain an employee benefits insurance broker. Providing your current insurance carriers and administrative vendors with a simple letter that designates EmSpring as your "Broker of Record" is all it takes. If our services will include the management of your health plan, we will also need to have a HIPAA “Business Associate Agreement” that spells out how we protect your private health information. That's it!
What do you do first as my insurance broker?
A complete, complimentary benefits and human resource administration audit. Even if you choose not to pursue all of the services we have to offer, we can make life easier for you by documenting our findings on everything from technology recommendations to regulatory compliance support.
How are you compensated?
The resources that EmSpring provides are supported by commission and/or fees paid to us directly by our clients or indirectly by their insurers or third party administrators. Typically, our clients select insurance carriers at renewal and pay a premium to these carriers each month. With those premium dollars, the carrier provides coverage to our clients and pays claims and if applicable, commissions to your agent or broker of record. For our larger human resource technology and self-insured health plan clients, we typically are paid a flat per employee per month fee. As long as our compensation is legal, agreed to by our clients and fully disclosed, EmSpring has no preference to the form we are paid for our services.
Because we openly share full vendor and insurer proposals and sign disclosure statements with clients, you will not have to wonder how much and in what form we are paid.
Who can I talk to about you and your services?
For client references from your area or industry, please just ask! For general broker Q&A, please visit our FAQ page.
Kathy Rheaume, Vice President, Client Services